Province eases public health measures starting January 31
The Ontario government has announced an easing of restrictions imposed on January 5 in response to the spread of the Omicron variant. The reduction in restrictions will occur in three phases with 21 days between each step. As of January 31 the following will apply to Town or Orangeville Recreation Centres:
- Recreation centres will reopen for recreation programs and permits on January 31. There will be capacity limits of 50 percent for programs and for spectator areas.
- Online pre-registration will be required for all recreation “drop-in” programs including shinny, public swimming and skating, walking track, court bookings, etc. Registration will be available 75 hours in advance of the program start time. Registration is available online using RecConnect.
- Please note that fitness classes are pending with a start date planned for the week of February 7.
- Winter II program registration for skating and swimming lessons opened January 18. Classes will move ahead as planned with adjustments to start dates where required. Participants will be notified of any adjustments to start dates.
- Anyone 12 years of age and older must provide proof of vaccination upon arrival each visit using the enhanced provincial proof of vaccination QR code. QR codes will be scanned at the door each visit. Youth 12 years of age have three months after their birth date to have proof of full vaccination.
- Completion of screening questionnaire prior to arrival or at time of arrival still applies.
- Maintaining two metres social distancing is still required.
- Wearing of masks remains mandatory while in the recreation centres. Masks may be removed for participation in an activity unless otherwise stated.
Customer Service is available by email & phone, 7 days a week 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at 519-940-9092 or email [email protected]