The Orangeville Girls Hockey Association (OGHA) will be hosting the First Shift program this fall.
If you are currently or have been previously registered with an organization and playing hockey, you are not allowed to join this program.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD IN THE NHL/NHLPA FIRST SHIFT
The NHL/NHLPA First Shift is open to children, between the ages of 6 and 10 years old*, who have never previously enrolled in minor hockey within Canada or the NHL/NHLPA First Shift program.
*To be eligible to participate, children must be born between January 1, 2013 and May 1, 2018.
All 2022-23 registration links and program locations will be available on June 1 at 12 PM ET (noon).
All 2023-24 (October 2023 to April 2024) registration links and program locations will be available on June 1 at 12 PM ET (noon).
THE NHL/NHLPA FIRST SHIFT MAKES HOCKEY;
- Manageable (time commitment)
PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION FEE OF $299 INCLUDES:
- BAUER Equipment (Head-to-Toe)
- Welcome Event
- Equipment fitting demonstration
- Expert fit session and equipment distribution
- A Program Maximum Capacity: 45 participants, 10 on ice instructors
- B Program Maximum Capacity: 30 participants, 7 on ice instructors
ON-ICE EXPERIENCE INCLUDING;
- 6 Weeks, 1 session/week, 1 hour on a consistent day and time
- Focus on Fun and Learn to Play
- Insurance for participants
HOCKEY CANADA ON-ICE CURRICULUM
Hockey Canada has created a fun curriculum that focuses on:
- Small areas games and skills stations active
- Wide variety of skating skills, puck handling, passing and shooting exercises
- Discovering the sport through variety of basic motor movement patterns
- Fun games to ensure participants enjoy a full range of hockey experiences
Praise and encouragement will serve as the foundation of the instructor’s approach to working with all participants.