On October 4, 2021 the Ontario Women’s Hockey Association
(OWHA) released their Vaccination Policy for the 2021-22 season, located here:
The policy states, “Each Affected Person is required to be Fully Vaccinated (including the 14-day period after receiving their completed dose) by November 1, 2021 or earlier.
Each Affected Person must present to the OWHA or to their OWHA Member, as applicable, evidence demonstrating that they have received the completed series of an Accepted COVID19 Vaccine by October 17, 2021 or earlier.”
The Orangeville Girls Hockey Association (OGHA) will be implementing this policy as such;
1. An Executive member will be visually verifying that all players, coaches and volunteers born in 2009 or earlier have received their second vaccine dose by October 17, 2021.
2. This will be a one-time verification. Copies of vaccine receipts will NOT be collected. Only a record of
the verification will be kept.
3. Proof of vaccination receipts can be either paper or electronic copies.
4. Do not email vaccine receipts. The verification will only be done in-person.
5. You will still require proof of vaccination and ID for anyone born in 2009 or earlier to enter arenas, as
per public health policies.
6. Anyone born in 2009 or earlier who does not have their 2nd dose of vaccine by October 17, 2021 will not be permitted to participate in any hockey-related activities. They will be able to participate when they can provide proof of a 2nd dose, and after 14 days have passed since that dose was administered.
7. An email will be sent to you by either your coach or our House League Director, James Herr, to let you know when the vaccine verification will take place.
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation during this busy time while we work through this process.